Tuesday 25 November 2014

Drastic

As I lay, awake on bed, I try to think of whatever that could direct my thoughts away from that.. 

Would you understand? Would you care? 
What if I told you, that it's about a ... 

Never mind that, but it is like how Elaine felt  
Or maybe still feels, as she floats away like a dream. 
A dream she was or just 
A flash it was, to Sir Lancelot 
But don't tell me it wasn't real 

Something closer to home 
Might be that I forgot 
(And not unintentionally so!) to place a period behind my last sentence 

And I start to think of my name more often, how nice to have been graced by you 

Sir Lancelot knew her, Lady of Shalott 
I'm no lady but at least you know my name 

God in his mercy probably wouldn't lend me grace, with a fair and lovely face 
But at least there is no full stop to your last sentences and in my imaginations I relish

No comments: