Tuesday 10 February 2015

3am ramblings

I can contain this no longer. Is it possible that every atom of my being should crave for a thing so temporary? One might think it silly; I dare say it is silly. But can not the mind direct itself? Why should it be guided by some other thing not of our own being? Parting is rather sorrowful than sweet when it should have been neither. 

Those eyes are not cordial, nor kind, nor warm. So why do I make it so? Why not leave them as they are -cold, partial and monotonous? Does my mind perceive wrongly? 

I would I could find in my heart that I am what others perceived me to be- indifferent, nonchalant and rather unfeeling. My word! I dare say I do, rather than being of a sentimental creature whose inclination to strange habits of the mind only results in wasteful hours of daydreams. It has accumulated to the extent that grey bands and pledging hands will always be significant. 

But there are so many stars, never shy of your presence. 

And you- you're the galaxy of the brightest stars. 

There will be so many more stars, never devoid of your presence. 

I'm rather young, and have much to learn. But it cannot be denied- I'm just a speck of dust. 

In other words, an insignificant nothingness. 

No comments: