Wednesday 21 January 2015

A+++

I said hi. It has been almost 6 months when last I saw him. In the same light blue shirt. His short structure and assuming gait. Almost 3 years ago, this figure was intimidating- almost detestable. Well, don't I remember, having been a victim of the accusation, "Copied work?" But that was long ago. Now he uttered his surprise and our discourse drifted into a painful reminder of a summer long past. How everyone is doing now, how they are doing now, how I am doing now..

He told me, "Think for the long-term. Don't be swayed by temporary ...."
I assured him I would not, I would try not to.

And then he asked, "What do you think of doing?"
I laughed uncertainly, mumbling along the line of "going with the flow" and "whatever I can get".

I did not think I would ever hear them. Or that I was capable of it. Or that I was deserving.
Of hearing them. But he replied.

"You can make it."

I am grateful, to have been a pupil of such an extraordinary teacher.

No comments: